What is ProjectDirectors.Org?
ProjectDirectors.Org is The #1 Program, Portfolio & PMO Community, founded in 2012 by volunteers worldwide.
In 2015 ProjectDirectors.Org joined the IIEC Digital Campus, by the US-based International Institute of Executive Careers (IIEC).
Nowadays, ProjectDirectors.Org is run by thousands of volunteers all around the world, that contribute by joining our Chapters.
ProjectDirectors.Org is now the de facto global Professional Body for the Project Director’s profession.
Our Mission: “Build Successful Project Directors Who Change The World”
Our Vision: “Be The #1 Coaching & Crowd-Learning Movement for Project Directors”
We have local Chapters for meeting peers, and also international cross Special Interest Groups (SIGs) for staying connected with your PD peers, learn from experience, and improve your career opportunities.
PD-Org Manifesto – Decalogue of Principles
- Horizontal: we are not linked to a particular industry or sector (that is, we are not only about IT) but are concerned with PD in all industries.
- Independent: we are not linked to any Project Management framework or lobbying interests. This is only about people. The PLC three words explain the concept: “Professionals coming together in a Community to Learn.”
- Global: we are not linked to a specific geography, we promote easy international exchange of experiences. We see world as one.
- English as the driving language: due to the previous point, we will share our knowledge mainly through English. Although we have also a specific category for other languages, to support local employment opportunities, diversity, and intercultural management.
- Focus on Long Life Learning: The very essence of this learning community is a focus on and a commitment to the learning along the career. Members work together to clarify exactly what they must learn, monitor learning on a timely basis, provide systematic interventions that ensure they receive additional time and support for learning when they struggle, and extend and enrich learning when they have already mastered the intended outcomes. Therefore, structures are created to ensure members engage in job-embedded learning as part of their routine work practices.
- Collaborative Culture With a Focus on Learning for All: Collaboration is a means to an end, not the end itself. In our PLC, collaboration represents a systematic process in which members work together interdependently in order to impact their professional practice in ways that will lead to better results for their careers, for their team, and for their company.
- Collective Inquiry Into Best Practice and Current Reality: Members in our PLC engage in collective inquiry into both Best Practices in executing and Best Practices in learning. Working together to build shared knowledge on the best way to achieve goals and meet the needs of clients is exactly what professionals in any field are expected to do. Members of our professional learning community are expected to work and learn together.
- Action Orientation – Learning by Doing: Members of our PLC are action oriented: they move quickly to turn aspirations into action and visions into reality. They understand that the most powerful learning always occurs in a context of taking action, and they value engagement and experience as the most effective learning experience.
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement: the goal is not simply to learn a new strategy, but instead to create conditions for an ‘ongoing learning cycle’ environment in which innovation and experimentation are viewed not as tasks to be accomplished or projects to be completed but as ways of conducting day-to-day business—forever. Furthermore, participation in this process is not reserved for those designated as leaders; rather, it is a responsibility of every member of the organization.
- Results Orientation: Finally, members of our PLC realize that all of their efforts in these areas (a focus on long life learning, collaborative teams, collective inquiry, action orientation, and continuous improvement) must be assessed on the basis of results rather than intentions. The reason for building this learning organization is based in the premise that our organization will produce dramatically improved and measurable results.
Our Community Services
- the ProjectDirectors.Org Career Builder platform that provides Project Directors with the ideas, insights and tools they need to become better leaders
- a global Project Directors Registry (Registered PD)
- the profession’s PD Awards of the Year
- professional connections to Consulting and Recruiting services
- professional connections to Educational/Training/Coaching services
- professional connections to Career Planning/Transition/Development and Outplacement services
- professional search and selection
- job recommendations
- job opportunities
Learning & Certification Opportunities
ProjectDirectors.Org provides online Program, Portfolio & PMO Coaching Programs and Career Certification, accredited by the International Institute of Executive Careers (IIEC).
We invite you to join the community that supports your career, in whatever way you feel is appropriate (as a learner, reader, fan, follower, supporter, community member, registered professional, writer, partner, recruiter/headhunter, sponsor, etc.).
Welcome to ProjectDirectors.Org